Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Crew

Get to know the students who are working on the JDHS house with some fun and interesting facts!

Name: John

Nickname: J-Man, Johnny Boy, Fatty

Age: 17

Favorite part of the ACE Academy/what are you most excited about on this project: "This project is a great way for me to get out of the classroom, but still get credit. I don't do well sitting at a desk and here there are none."

Specialty skill(s): "I am an ETT medical service provider in the state of Alaska. I have worked construction in the past and prefer it to working with paper and pencil."

When I am not in school I am usually..."with my friends or trying to be. Trying to prepare myself for firefighting."

When I graduate high school I would like to... "begin a career in firefighting."

Why am I taking this class: "I figure knowing how a house is built will help me in a career as a firefighter."

Name: Dillon

Nickname: DJ

Age: 16

Favorite part of the ACE Academy/what are you most excited about on this project: "Being able to do something that I may never get to do again...possibly."

Specialty skill(s): "Sailing, chopping wood, and sleeping."

When I am not in school I am usually... "driving or at sports practice."

When I graduate high school I would like to... "build another house and learn more welding skills."

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?


Name: Kevin

Nickname: "Nope"

Age: 17

Favorite part of the ACE Academy/what are you most excited about on this project: "Getting the chance to build a house."

Specialty skill(s): "Cooking"

When I am not in school I am usually... "working."

When I graduate high school I would like to... "I am not sure."


Name: Chris

Nickname: Budbill

Age: 17

Favorite part of the ACE Academy/what are you most excited about on this project: "Seeing the finished product of the house."

Specialty skill(s): "I am really skilled at being awesome. And hockey."

When I am not in school I am usually...
"at the ice rink or at my girlfriend's house."

When I graduate high school I would like to... "weld stuff, or be an engineer."

Name: Brian

Nickname: Condor

Age: 18

Favorite part of the ACE Academy/what are you most excited about on this project: "This Class."

Specialty skill(s): "Ski racing and tennis."

When I am not in school I am usually... "playing tennis or ski racing."

When I graduate high school I would like to... "I am supposed to graduate early, but Mr. Dukes said that he was going to fail me so I would have to stay in this class to finish the house, but when I do graduate I would like to work construction and go trolling."

What is your goal in this class: "Work as a team, keep moving forward on the house, and learn from the experience."

Name: Devon

Nickname: None

Age: 18

Favorite part of the ACE Academy/what are you most excited about on this project: "Just getting the chance to experience all of the skills needed to build a house.

When I am not in school I am usually...
"running around with friends."

When I graduate high school I would like to... "stay in the construction field."

Name: Dan

Nickname: Forklift, Danimal

Age: 17

Favorite part of the ACE Academy/what are you most excited about on this project: "I like putting stuff together and watching my work take shape."

Specialty skill(s): "I'm pretty good at welding. And being awesome."

When I am not in school I am usually... "hanging out with my friends, listening to music, or hiking around in the woods."

When I graduate high school I would like to... "travel the globe and get certified for welding."

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow: "African or European Swallow?"

Name: Elway

Nickname: Smellway

Age:
In dog or human years?

Favorite part of the ACE Academy/what are you most excited about on this project: "I get lots of visitors and sticks to chew."

Specialty skill(s): "Chasing sticks, chewing sticks, hanging out, and sleeping."

When I am not in school I am usually...
"out in the woods looking for sticks!"

When I graduate high school I would like to..."High school? I'm a dog. I already graduated from obedience school."

Why am I taking this class: "Make sure everyone on the job site is working and staying safe. I also like sticks."

No comments:

Post a Comment